Oh, how interesting to be celebrating my 44th birthday while writing the last My Everyday Magic post. Even though it’s a bittersweet ending, it feels like a GIFT. A graduation of sorts.
I’ve been writing a daily gratitude journal for 8 years now, beginning in my own journal before starting MEM in 2009. It’s more than just a habit, it’s daily sustenance. Thinking of all the things I’ll share with you on my Magic List is just something I do ALL THE TIME. So you know what? I’m going to continue doing it. Just telepathically from now on. ;) I WILL still look for and share my magic and I’ll send it through time and space to all of your hearts. And I know I’ll hear yours too.
It’s scary letting such daily sustenance go, but instead of looking at it like a void that’s being created I’m choosing to believe that the magic in my immediate environment will increase exponentially. And yours too. There really is a New World all around us and we just have tune into a different frequency for it to find us.
A few things I’ve learned from MEM over the years:
1.) Gratitude REALLY IS life-changing.
2.) Finding gratitude on a crappy day is VERY powerful.
3.) True confessions are just all sorts of naughty fun.
4.) Vulnerability makes people irresistible and even more lovable and it’s also an incredible strength.
5.) Faires are REAL!
Thank you to all the fairies past and present, especially to Ocean Fairy and Sunshine Fairy. You’ve been the constants to MEM over the years and helped when we’ve needed fill-ins ~ MEM is just as much yours as it is mine. I love you both so much. And all our other beautiful Fairies through the years who’ve left their glitter behind ~ Our Spicy Sister, Rainbow Faery, Star Fairy, Flirty Fairy, Glow Fairy, The Inspirational Fairies (Andrea and Tim), Glow Fairy, Song Fairy, Bliss Fairy, Fire Fairy, and Flower Fairy. A special shout-out to our honorary Fairy, Laurie. You’ve been VERY special to MEM throughout the years. Some LOVE for my friend, Michelle, who designed the latest look for MEM. And last but not least, my very own Popsidoodles, The Grandpa Fairy. Knowing that you read MEM 3 times a day has been magical. MEM has been a conversation with you in my head. Thanks to you and Mamakins for believing in magic and in me. I love you!
Okay, enough of the goodbyes. Let’s get to some magic and PLEASE indulge me with the birthday/farewell gift of sharing your magic today too. And seriously…get ready for some BIG magic because the fairies in your homes, gardens and lives are ready to PLAY! Be on the lookout!
* Going to visit my Main Man, Jacques today on my birthday! I haven’t seen him for 3 weeks and I can’t wait to give that horse a hug!
* Took my boys to Ray of Light Farm yesterday where we got to see a 3 day old foal named Zoomer! Soooo adorable!
* The Fairies in my garden speaking loud and clear!
* Riggio’s Garden Store with my oldest yesterday ~ we had a great time. I LOVE one-on-one time with my boys SO MUCH!
* Our pond and fountain give me such pleasure and peace!
* Made a new deck pond with a galvanized tub yesterday ~ all ready for some new tadpoles.
* Making Red Clover Lemonade with the clover in our yard. My 7 year old helped me pick all the blooms.
* It’s going to be a banner year in the gardens this summer!
* This sacred time right now…writing to all of you for the last time. I’m honored and humbled.
So, MEM Family, let’s look at this ending as a new beginning. A chance to truly spread our wings and discover new worlds. Perhaps we’ll see each other in our dreams. Perhaps we’ll run into each other again in a new way. And perhaps whenever you see a flutter of wings out of the corner of your eye, or some glitter in your path, or something truly delightful happens…you’ll give thanks to the fairies and then share your blessings, knowing the MAGIC will only continue to grow… EVERY DAY. ♥