Sunshine Faerie and many of our MEM Fairies and commenters have been talking recently about the decision to LIVE, really LIVE. And I can relate to that. I’m finding that one of the best ways for me to feel like I’m truly LIVING is to try new things. Last night my family tried two new things and it was such a fabulous evening for ALL of us. NEW experiences are really want I want, maybe that’s what we all want. NEW ways of expressing our authentic selves. NEW ways of living that reflect our magnificence. NEW ways of being truly us. ♥
* My aerial studio was having an open stage night and I REALLY wanted to take my hubby there on a date. But after asking 3 babysitters, no one was available to watch my kids. And now I’m SO GLAD! We ended up bringing our boys on our date and it was SO MUCH FUN!
* The new (to us) Mexican Restaurant we went to last night. Friends had been telling us to go there for years, but it looks like such a dump on the outside and hubby and I are very keen on good atmosphere, so we hadn’t gone. Last night we went just for a NEW experience and the food was FANTASTIC! (Jalapeno Heaven in Branford in case the locals want to know.) Everyone enjoyed their food so much ~ DEFINITELY the best Mexican food in the area, hubby said he had the best Margarita ever, and the service was lovely too. (It’s also much prettier on the inside than the out.) So happy to have a new, yummy restaurant to go to!
* The open stage night was a PERFECT experience for our boys (and me, who was moved to tears). Even though we thought we were chancing it because it’s later than we usually have our boys out, all of them were awesome! (Free drinks and free candy kept them happy too.) The performance was just under an hour and I LOVED being able to share with my family where I take my aerial classes and the whole atmosphere of circus performance! My baby loved the whole thing, my 8 year old loved the juggling and my 5 year loved the candy. lol.
* As I was watching the belly-dancing, aerial performances, hula-hooping, and juggling….I felt perfectly AT HOME. Exactly where I was supposed to be. Lovely, lovely, lovely.
* I did my hair in a new way last night and I just loved it.
* I’ve been wearing my pink combat boots a lot lately and I just love them! (Fairies wear boots, you know.)
* Even though last night turned out AWESOME, my boys were NOT keen on going in the first place. So I gave them exactly 2 minutes to whine and complain and get it all out. They thought it was fun, and funny, and it worked.
* Being honest and telling them that yes, we might NOT have fun. The food might be horrible, they might be bored, the baby might be a nightmare and Papa might lose his shit, but we were doing it to have NEW experiences. THAT was fun too, giving space for our experience to be crappy.
* Smiling the whole way home last night after a wonderful, lovely evening of NEW experiences.
* Tonight I have another new experience ~ a Girl’s Night Out (with many girls I don’t know) to see a parody of “Fifty Shades of Grey.” I’m finding me and my whole family are getting more and more comfortable with my leaving more frequently…and THAT is awesome.
* The GPS in my minivan, which has made me MUCH more adventurous!
* The world is opening up…and so am I!
* I can’t say it’s been an easy week, but today, right now, I’m happy.
What’s making you smile this weekend? I love you! ♥