Yowzas! Not a polite wake-up this morning, as my cat peed on my aerial silks right in front of me! Him peeing on things is not new, as he’s been peeing on my husband’s laundry off and on for years now. I just figured he was trying to motivate hubby into cleaning up his life-long laundry problem that no one else (like me, my mom, our cleaning lady) despite our best efforts could help him solve or maintain. It finally worked, when hubby organized and put away all his laundry. But now since my cat doesn’t have my hubby’s laundry to pee on, he’s peeing on my silks?! Unacceptable!
At first I was soooo freakin’ mad and I hurled a few F-bombs around while attempting to get the smell out ( you can’t just throw aerial silks in the washing machine) and fearing we’d have to get rid of our cat if he keeps doing this, but then I opened myself up to the infinite solutions that MUST be available.
Last week I mentioned how my 9 year old found a great video series called “Spirit Science.” One of the first episodes he watched was about communicating with our pets telepathically ~ he tried it and told me all about it. Perhaps it’s time to really use this information and see what can happen. One thing is for sure ~ our animals are trying to tell us something and communicate their needs. My cat is peeing on my things RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, WHILE LOOKING AT ME! And our dog is constantly running away now, despite the fact she has an invisible fence to get through!
I’ve been talking a lot ( to friends and on Love From Baby) about upgrading our relationships with our significant others, but it’s very clear to me this morning that ALL our relationships need to be upgraded ~ those with our spouses, with our children, with our friends, with our pets and ESPECIALLY with ourselves. I loved myself enough to look for solutions, rather than marinate in anger ~ and just because it feels better. And really isn’t that what we all want ~ to feel better?
So I continue to upgrade in earnest, with extra motivation this morning. I’ll let you know how the pet telepathy goes.
* Opening myself up to new ways of looking at things, doing things, solving things.
* A new book on kindle recommended to me by our Natalia, called “Love and the Goddess.” I just started it, but it looks entertaining and inspiring.
* Resting my body yesterday. It’s been working so hard and it needed the day off.
* I will be getting on my silks later ~ pee smell and all!
* Sleeping quite soundly lately.
* Snuggly sleepy baby. Wondering how long I can keep calling him “baby.”
* Watching “The Truman Show” with hubby last night ~ so many parallels to every day life!
* Having a friend over tonight with her 3 girls, supporting them as they go through a tough transition (that in the end will be a beautiful upgrade).
* Bacon for breakfast sounds like a good idea!
What’s making you smile this weekend? I love you! ♥